Historic Fire Hydrant On Exhibit

October 14, 2013 at 9:15 PM


A new item was on display when visitors finished the Lantern Walk on Oct. 12, 2013. Steve Swope and the Public Works Department gave the DuBois Area Historical Society two old fire hydrants that they didn't use anymore for our display. Tom Rubritz, director of buildings and grounds for the Society, had the one-dated 1895 sandblasted and painted by Jim Aughenbaugh's crew at Rescar. He then cut a hole in the platform of the fireman’s display area of the museum and placed the 150 pound historical item on permanent display just in time for the walk.

Category: News